OTS is a premiere provider of commissioning and start-up services for the energy, mining and utilities sectors. We are currently seeking applications for the following position:
Senior OperatorReporting to the Commissioning & Start-Up Manager, the Senior Operator is responsible for:
- Ensuring adherence to established standards, practices and procedures.
- Drafting operating and commissioning procedures as required.
- Establishing systems and system acceptance criteria.
- Participating in system walk downs and punch listing to ensure installation is per design and reflects piping and instrument diagrams.
- Deficiency categorization.
- Participating in the pre-commissioning and commissioning activities in a safe and efficient manner.
- Issuing safe work permits.
- Gas testing.
- Participating in start-up activities according to the implementation plans, schedules and budget.
- Other duties as required.
- Third class Power Engineering certification or higher.
- Minimum of 3-5 years related work experience.
- Process Operator/fourth class Power Engineering certification may be considered if combined with significant experience.
- Experience with safety processes and procedures including permit control, energy isolation, confined space entry, etc.
- Experience with reading and comprehending P&IDs and ISOs.
- Commissioning, Upgrader and/or refinery experience an asset.
- Capable of working at heights and in confined spaces.
- Strong communication and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated computer skills.
If you feel that you have the skills and desire to work for a growing technical services provider, please respond in confidence to email@example.com