OTS is a premiere provider of commissioning and start-up services for the energy, mining and utilities sectors. We are currently seeking applications for the following position:
Mechanical Commissioning CoordinatorReporting to the Commissioning & Start-Up Manager, the Mechanical Commissioning Coordinator is responsible for:
- Coordinating the mechanical commissioning activities, particularly for rotating and static equipment, both in the planning and execution phase.
- Actively participate in Commissioning risk management processes including HAZOP, JHA, FLRA.
- Assuring activities undertaken are appropriately risk managed.
- Assuring the appropriate mechanical lockout-tagout processes are in place for commissioning and that the management of these processes is being performed by competent personnel.
- Assuring that progress towards commissioning progress goals is monitored and adequately resourced to ensure team success.
- Assuring that the project scope is divided up into systems that are defined in a manner that will support ease of commissioning.
- Assuring that the System Commissioning Procedures are developed, approved, and finalized per the planning schedule and include the appropriate content and detail to support safe and thorough commissioning.
- Assuring that the Commissioning execution plan includes the materials, special tools, and vendor support for a safe and efficient execution.
- Assuring that the commissioning staffing plan has the correct number of persons with the appropriate skills to execute the commissioning work.
- Supporting project Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) including: reviewing procedures, assigning resources, periodically attending FAT, and adjusting commissioning scope to integrate FAT successes and deficiencies
- Developing, tracking, and adjusting commissioning execution schedule for the mechanical discipline.
- Working with engineering and operations departments to promptly find the preferred alternative for alleviating issues discovered during commissioning.
- Leading the on-site mechanical commissioning activities, including resource management, schedule coordination, materials/tools/vendor support, system/equipment troubleshooting, and adjusting plan due to resource issues.
- Assisting in the development of commissioning spare parts listings and quantities.
- Working effectively to assure that the commissioning work integrates well in the overall project plan.
- Red Seal Interprovincial Mechanic/Millwright, Steamfitter/Pipefitter OR
- Mechanical Engineering Technologist.
- 7-10 years related experience; of which 2 or more must be at a supervisory level.
- Previous commissioning experience.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work in a team environment and quickly understand the roles of the interfacing teams.
- Strong computer skills are a requirement for this position.
If you feel that you have the skills and desire to work for a growing technical services provider, please respond in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org